Open AI’s Reptile meta-learning algorithm, MongoDB Go driver Alpha 2 release, Microsoft’s built-in AI for Windows 10, and more in today’s top stories around machine learning, deep learning, and data science news.
Top Data science News Stories of the Day
Other Data Science News at a Glance
- IBM Research has launched PAIRS (Physical Analytics Integrated Repository and Services) Geoscope, a cloud analytics service to connect apps with a range of big geospatial datasets, covering maps, satellite, weather, and population changes. This service is available for developers to use IBM’s REST API to add geospatial and time-based data to their own apps.
Read more on ZDNet.
2. Microsoft and Esri offer the GeoAI Data Science Virtual Machine (DSVM) as part of their Data Science Virtual Machine/Deep Learning Virtual Machine family of products on Azure.
Read more on Microsoft Azure Blog.
3. Hitachi Vantara announces additional capabilities for machine learning orchestration to help data scientists monitor, test, retrain and redeploy supervised models in production.
Read more on Dataquest.
4. AtScale Inc. today updated its business intelligence abstraction platform with an added support for data lakes of any size and simpler migration of analytics workloads across business intelligence tools.
Read more at SiliconAngle.
5. Power BI Desktop March Feature Summary is here. Features include, making SAP HANA and several popular connectors generally available. Bookmarking is also now generally available to create bookmarks from scratch in the Power BI Service.
Read more on Microsoft Blog.
6. Instagram engineering team announces that it is open sourcing Rocksandra, an Apache Cassandra storage engine built on RocksDB, a persistent key-value store for fast storage.
Read more on Medium.